|2023-01-14|||||The YAMAGATA Documentary Film Library Friday Theater (February–March)|
Screenings at the Yamagata Documentary Film Library present documentaries and movies rarely shown on television or in theaters, including works from the Film Library vaults.
Please be aware that in February we are holding screenings at a different venue, Yamagata Creative City Center Q1.
Friday Theater Roadshow
- Yamagata Documentary Dojo 5
• February 17 (Fri)
- [Venue] Yamagata Creative City Center Q1, Theater Space
[Co-Presented by] Documentary Dream Center
- Millets Back Home
Dir: Sayun Simung / TAIWAN / 2013 / 72 min / YIDFF 2015 New Asian Currents
- Talk and Discussion: Sayun Simung
- Lo Yi-Shan’s 2 short films screening
The Other Is My Skin
Dir: Lo Yi-Shan / TAIWAN / 2021 / 5 min
What would it be like to use sight as a sense of touch? Sight, as a sensation with distance. Touch, as a sensation without distance. They begin to blur the boundaries between each other during a girl's quiet days in the mountains.
Dir: Lo Yi-Shan / TAIWAN / 2018 / 30 min
After one of their best friends vanishes into the wilderness, a boy and a girl honor the last words of their deceased friend, searching for the meaning of their survival. Afterwards is a glimpse into a normal life merged with nightmares and memories. The past melts softly into the present as if the deceased had never left.
- Talk and Discussion: Lo Yi-Shan
About Documentary Dojo Documentary Dream Center website: Yamagata Documentary Dojo (in English and Japanese)
The YAMAGATA Documentary Film Library Friday Theater
- Assam’s Memories: Documentaries from the Northeast India AV Archive
• March 17 (Fri)
14:00, 18:30 (screens twice)
- Tales from Our Childhood
Dir: Mukul Haloi / INDIA / 2018 / 69 min / YIDFF 2019 “Rustle of Spring, Whiff of Gunpowder: Documentaries from Northeast India”
What the Fields Remember
Dir: Subasri Krishnan / INDIA / 2012 / 52 min / YIDFF 2019 “Rustle of Spring, Whiff of Gunpowder: Documentaries from Northeast India”
* After the first screening, there will be a special online talk session with Kimura Makiko of Tsuda University, specialist of conflicts in the Northeast India.
Both films were included in the YIDFF 2019 special program “Rustle of Spring, Whiff of Gunpowder: Documentaries from Northeast India.”
- February 17: Yamagata Creative City Center Q1, Theater Space
March 17: The YAMAGATA Documentary Film Library
- Free admission for members (Member’s fee: free)
- [Presented by]
- YIDFF (NPO)
- phone: 023-666-4480 (YIDFF Yamagata office)
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19,
- please wear a face mask in the venue
- please stay home if you have a fever or any kind of illness.