Yamagata Film Criticism Workshop
Seeking participants for Yamagata Film Criticism Workshop
YIDFF 2013 will once again host the Yamagata Film Criticism Workshop. This project aims to encourage thinking, writing, and reading about film, using documentaries as an entry point, while offering immersion in the live atmosphere of an international film festival. Participants will receive guidance from professional film critics and write their own articles, which will be presented publicly. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Yamagata Film Criticism Workshop application outline
- Duration: October 11th (Fri)–14th (Mon)
Place: Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival (Yamagata City)
- Must be able to attend YIDFF 2013 from October 11th–14th
- Must be able to write and engage in discussions in English or Japanese
- Must be able to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses
Send an email including the details requested below to Kato Hatsuyo at the YIDFF’s Tokyo Office <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Profile (education & employment history)
- Short Essay on the theme “Why I Want to Write about Documentaries.” (reasons for applying, approximately 400–500 words.)
Entry Deadline: September 20, 2013
Entry Result Notification:
- After the applications are reviewed, two participants will be selected each from English-language and Japanese-language applicants. Those chosen to participate will be notified individually in late September.
- After watching films at YIDFF 2013, participants will each write reviews and critiques. Mentors will provide personal supervision.
- Film critics Chris Fujiwara (English) and Kitakoji Takashi (Japanese)
- Call Kato Hatsuyo at 81-3-5362-0672 (YIDFF Tokyo Office) or send an email to <email@example.com>.