|2018-10-16|||||Film Criticism Collective: Call for Application
“Film Criticism Workshop in Yogyakarta, Indonesia”
The application is now open to this year’s Film Criticism Collective Workshop organized by YIDFF in collaboration with Festival Film Dokumenter (FFD). The workshop will take place during FFD 2018 during December 6th–11th in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Founded in Japan in 2015, the Film Criticism Collective is intended to develop and encourage film criticism, to facilitate interaction among critics of different countries, and to make the writing of East Asian critics more accessible in English. The main activity of FCC is the Film Criticism Workshop, which is held every two years at the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival, with the support of the Japan Foundation Asia Center. FCC also held a Film Criticism Workshop at Salamindanaw Asian Film Festival in General Santos, Philippines, in 2016.
Film Criticism Workshop in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- December 6th (Thu) –11th (Tue)
- Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- [How to Apply]
- The submission is open for participants from Japan and South East Asian Countries.
- Participants must be able to attend the workshop during FFD 2018 from December 6th–11th.
- Participants must be capable to write and engage in discussions in English.
Send an email including the details requested below
- Phone number
- Email address
- Self-introduction (education and employment history, with emphasis on your writing experience and your involvement with cinema)
- 2 samples of previous writings in English
- Essay on the theme “Why I Want to Write about Documentary” (approximately 500 words)
to: email@example.com with subject : “Film Criticism_Name_Country” Deadline: no later than October 22, 2018.
- [Result Notification]
- Applicants will be notified of the result of their application by early November. The flight (round trip) and accommodation during the workshop will be covered by the organizer.
- Chris Fujiwara (Film critic and programmer) and Adrian Jonathan Pasaribu (Film critic and programmer)
- Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival
- [Co-organized by]]
- Festival Film Dokumenter
- [Supported by]
- The Japan Foundation Asia Center Grant Program for Promotion of Cultural Collaboration
- YIDFF Tokyo Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival Film Dokumenter: email@example.com
For more information Festival Film Dokumenter website: Film Criticism Workshop