Yamagata Rough Cut!
Call for Yamagata Rough Cut! Participants
Yamagata Rough Cut! is a YIDFF program that offers a chance to discuss and talk about footage from films that are still in production. It does not judge film projects in competition against each other. Footage yet to reach fruition, rough fragments cut out from personal desperation—all such rough cuts, if selected, will be projected onto the screen. The following discussion will be open to producers, critics, scholars, the general public, and anyone attending the film festival. Since last time from 2017, we are opening entry to projects by non-Japanese Asian filmmakers.
- This program is for film projects by filmmakers from or living in Asia
- The entered rough cut must be no longer than 15 minutes
- The filmmaker must be able to attend the screening during YIDFF 2019
- Submitted footage should be no longer than 15 minutes (Send us an online link, later to be downloadable)
- Stills or frame shots must also be submitted
- Send us the following entry information:
- Name of applicant
- Address of applicant
- Contact (phone and email)
- Place of filming
- Year of filming
- Anything you would like to tell us about your footage (free form)
- What are your expectations in taking part in this program?
Send your submissions to:
- August 23 (Fri), 2019 (by midnight Japan time)
- All applicants will be notified of the results by mid September 2019. Dialogue and narration lists will be required of selected projects at this time, to prepare for simulcast translation into Japanese.
- Yamagata Rough Cut! Coordinators (Sakai Ko and Watanabe Kazutaka) YIDFF Tokyo Office
No.3 Yamada Bldg. 6fl., 22 Aizumicho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0005 JAPAN
phone: 81-3-5362-0672 fax: 81-3-5362-0670 e-mail: email@example.com