Yamagata Rough Cut!
• October 6–7 [Venue] KUGURU
This program is not for comparing the relative merits of various works. Rather, we will be looking at fragments of the world—“rough cuts”—in the form of footage yet to be spliced into any kind of finished product, screened just as it is. The program’s aim is that producers, critics, researchers, audience members, and all kinds of people who gather at the festival may through their interaction in this place transcend the limits of personal role, genre, and nationality. In addition, this year sees the start of the first Rough Cut call for entries from across Asia, while local high school and university students have also been invited to join in the discussions.
Call for Yamagata Rough Cut! Participants
- This program is for film projects by filmmakers from or living in Asia
- The entered rough cut must be no longer than 15 minutes
- The filmmaker must be able to attend the screening during YIDFF 2017
- Submitted footage should be no longer than 15 minutes (Send us an online link, later to be downloadable)
- Stills or frame shots must also be submitted
- Send us the following entry information:
- Name of applicant
- Address of applicant
- Contact (phone and email)
- Place of filming
- Year of filming
- Anything you would like to tell us about your footage (free form)
- What are your expectations in taking part in this program?
Send your submissions to:
- August 18 (Fri), 2017 (by midnight Japan time)
- All applicants will be notified of the results in early September 2017. Dialogue and narration lists will be required of selected projects at this time, to prepare for simulcast translation into Japanese.
- Yamagata Rough Cut! Coordinators (Sakai Ko and Watanabe Kazutaka) YIDFF Tokyo Office
No.3 Yamada Bldg. 6fl., 22 Aizumicho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0005 JAPAN
phone: 81-3-5362-0672 fax: 81-3-5362-0670 e-mail: email@example.com