|2014-04-17|||||Going Against the Grain in Fukushima Screening|
Going Against the Grain in Fukushima is a documentary about the struggle of rice farmers who do not give up their land in Ten’ei village in Fukushima. YIDFF Yamagata office once screened a rough-cut version of this film at a screening event “Cinema with Us” held in March 2013 in Yamagata. Now its completed version is showing in theaters and public halls nationwide.
- April 19 (Sat) –25 (Sun)
10:00 (Screening once)
- Going Against the Grain in Fukushima
Dir: Haramura Masaki / JAPAN / 2013 / 106 min
* A talk session with director Haramura will be held after each screening on April 19 (Sat) and 20 (Sun).
- Forum Yamagata
- Advanced ticket 1,000 yen / The price of a day ticket is conformed to the theater’s rate.
- [Presented by]
- Muon no Sakebigoe Film Production Committee
For more information Sakura Motion Picture website: Going Against the Grain in Fukushima (in Japanese)
|2014-04-17|||||The Woman with the 5 Elephants Screening and Special Lecture|
The Woman with the 5 Elephants, winner of Award of Excellence and Citizens’ Prize at the YIDFF 2011 is now showing nationwide. In Yamagata, a screening and a special lecture given by renowned Russian literature expert and translator Prof. Kameyama Ikuo will be held on May 10th at Forum Yamagata, co-presented by Yamagata University.
- May 10 (Sat)
- The Woman with the 5 Elephants
Dir: Vadim Jendreyko / SWITZERLAND, GERMANY / 2009 / 93 min / YIDFF 2011 International Competition Award of Excellence, Citizen’s Prize
- Special Lecture “Living with Dostoyevsky and Translation”
Lecturer: Prof. Kameyama Ikuo
- Forum Yamagata
- Screening: Advanced ticket 1,000 yen / The price of a day ticket is conformed to the theater’s rate.
- Forum Yamagata [Co-presented by]
- Yamagata University [Supported by]
- YIDFF Yamagata Office