|2016-08-17|||||Yamagata Biennale 2016 + YIDFF: “Evenings on Cinema Street”|
Yamagata Biennale is the region’s premiere art festival which takes place on the even years between editions of YIDFF. This year the documentary festival team is collaborating with the Biennale on a series of film screenings featuring guests from the art world. Don’t miss the world premiere of Oki Masaharu’s Night of the Jaguar (tentative title), a documentary on Biennale artistic director Arai Ryoji’s 2012 legendary live performance. The screenings will take place in the new micro-cinema BOTA Theater on Cinema Street, Nanukamachi. Do come enjoy the great movies and fragrant coffee.
Yamagata Biennale 2016 + YIDFF
“Evenings on Cinema Street”
- • September 9 (Fri) 18:00
- Manzan Benigaki
Dir: Ogawa Shinsuke, Peng Xiaolian / JAPAN / 2001 / 16mm / 90 min / YIDFF 2001 Special Invitation Films
* Talk session with itinerant Buddhist monk Sakamoto Daizaburo will be held after the show.
• September 16 (Fri) 18:00
- Night at Jaguar—“Arai Ryoji and Renrakusen” Live Concert (tentative title)
Dir: Oki Masaharu / JAPAN / 2016 / Video / 79 min
* Talk session with artist Arai Ryoji and director Oki Masaharu will be held after the show.
• September 23 (Fri) 18:00
- World without Shadow
Dir: Khoo Eng Yow / MALAYSIA / 2011 / Blu-ray (SD) / 90 min / YIDFF 2011 New Asian Currents
* Talk session with Gamelan performer and shadow puppeteer Kawamura Koheisai will be held after the show.
- BOTA Theater (Nanukamachi, Yamagata City)
- 500 yen (including one free drink)
- [Presented by]
- Tohoku University of Art and Design, YIDFF (NPO)
- [Coordinated by]
- Hori Ken’ichiro
- phone: 023-666-4480 (YIDFF Yamagata office)
For more information Yamagata Biennale 2016 website (in Japanese)