|2014-10-27|||||Documentary Dream Show—Yamagata in Tokyo 2014|
Playing with Memory and Reality—Toward the Ocean of Documentary
In this off-festival year 2014, we hold the Documentary Dream Show—Yamagata in Tokyo, bringing previous YIDFF 2013 line-ups to Shinjuku! 76 titles will be screened in total this year, including not only YIDFF 2013 competition programs but also unmissable programs original to DDS 2014. Please come and join us!
Documentary Dream Show—Yamagata in Tokyo 2014
• November 15 (Sat) –December 19 (Fri) [Venue] K’s Cinema
• November 28 (Fri) –29 (Sat) [Venue] Josai International University (Kioi-cho Campus)
• January 10 (Sat) –23 (Fri) [Venue] K’s Cinema
- [Presented by]
- [Co-presented by]
- YIDFF (NPO), K’s Cinema, Documentary Dream Center
- [Special support from]
- Faculty of Media Studies, Josai International University, Japan Film and Image Research Center, Josai University Educational Corporation
- [Supported by]
- Directors Guild of Japan, The Film School of Tokyo, Embassy of Canada, new CINEMA juku
- [Funded by]
- Arts Council Tokyo, Japan Arts Council
- phone: 81-3-5362-0671 (Cinematrix)
For more information Documentary Dream Show—Yamagata in Tokyo 2014 website | Facebook | Twitter
|2014-10-27|||||DDS 2014 Special Event
A Meeting with Philip
Call for documentary projects!
In autumn 2012, we held “A Meeting with Iikka” at the DDS 2012, where 6 young documentarists discussed their documentary projects with renowned Finnish producer Iikka Vehkalahti. Later, The End of the Special Time We Were Allowed was completed and screened at the YIDFF 2013 and released theatrically, while other projects by Kubota Keiko, Sugimoto Akiko, and Kotani Tadasuke are now near completion.
This year again, for those of you who have been working on documentary project in solitude, this is your chance to meet Singaporean film critic, editor and expert festival consultant Philip Cheah, to reflect on your project through the eyes of an outside professional.
From an open call for entries, we will choose 6 projects and translate from Japanese to English. After a 20-minute presentation by the filmmaker, she/he will engage in discussion with Philip Cheah and other advisors. Taking place in the audience of a general public, the discussions will be free and open.
- November 4 (Tue)
* The selected projects will be announced online on November 14 (Fri).
For details on application, please refer to DDS 2014 website (Japanese)