|2005-06-20|||||Screening of The Face of Jizo and talk with director Kuroki Kazuo|
YIDFF is holding preliminary events to enable as many people as possible to enjoy the festival.
YIDFF 2005 Preliminary Event
Screening of The Face of Jizo and talk with director Kuroki Kazuo
- July 16 (Sat)
15:30, 19:00 (screens twice)
- The Face of Jizo (“Chichi to kuraseba”)
Dir: Kuroki Kazuo / Cast: Miyazawa Rie, Harada Yoshio / JAPAN / 2004 / Japanese / 99 min
Hiroshima, August 6, 1945: the atomic bomb transformed mankind’s fate. Three years later, Mitsue lives modestly working in a library, strugglingwith the burden of having survived. One day a young man appears, and a romance begins to blossom. Her emotions heave, but Mitsue states “I have no right to be happy.” As she tries to smoother her own love, her deceased fatherappears. Based on a play by author Inoue Hisashi, who hails from Kawanishi in Yamagata Prefecture.
- Talk with director Kuroki Kazuo
[Venue] Yamagata Central Public Hall (AZ), 6F
- Pre-purchased tickets
General admission/senior citizens 1,000 yen (day-of 1,200 yen)
Elementary, junior high, high school students 800 yen (day-of 1,000 yen)
* For a 100-yen discount (up to 3 tickets), bring a printout of the YIDFF website top page on the screening day. Same discount applies for the discount pass attached to the June issue of Docu Yama! (film festival magazine distributed mainly within Yamagata.)
* Tomonokai members admitted at pre-purchased ticket price. Please show your membership card at the counter. (Applications available on the screening day. 1,000 for 6-month membership fee includes free admission to Yamagata Film Libarary Friday Theater.)
- [Presented by] YIDFF Organizing Committee, The Face of Jizo Yamagata Screening Committee
- [Contact] phone: 023-666-4480 (YIDFF Yamagata Office)
July’s Friday Theater presents the following documentary works by director Kuroki Kazuo, to honor The Face of Jizo (“Chichi to kuraseba”) screening and his visit to Yamagata.