|2002-06-04|||||Sendai Screenings: smf+yidff
Reality Beyond the Camera
Reality Beyond the Camera, a joint project of the YIDFF and Sendai Mediatheque (a cultural center in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, which features a library, art gallery and visual media facilities), will feature screenings of 10 films from the YIDFF.
- June 20th (Thursday)
15:30 Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media
- Dir: Mark Achbar, Peter Wintonick / CANADA / 1992 / 165 min
- 19:00 A2
- Dir: Mori Tatsuya / JAPAN / 2001 / 131 min
June 21st (Friday)
14:30 The Eternal Traveller
- Dir: Hara Masato / JAPAN / 1995 / 219 min
- 19:00 Paper Heads
- Dir: Dusan Hanak / SLOVAKIA / 1996 / 96 min
June 22nd (Saturday)
11:00 Route One
- Dir: Robert Kramer / FRANCE / 1989 / 255 min
- 16:00 Mr. Death
- Dir: Errol Morris / USA / 1999 / 84 min
- 18:30 Last Farewell USSR
- Dir: Alexander Rodnyansky / UKRAINE / 1994 / 60 min
June 23rd (Sunday)
11:00 Imagining Indians
- Dir: Victor Masayesva, Jr. / USA / 1992 / 79 min
- 13:00 Living on the River Agano
- Dir: Sato Makoto / JAPAN / 1992 / 115 min
**There will be a talk show with director Sato Makoto after the screening.
- 17:00 La Devinière
- Dir: Benoit Dervaux / BELGIUM / 2000 / 90 min
**One ticket for one film only.
**Doors open 15 minutes before the start of the film.
- [Venue] Sendai Mediatheque (Sendai)
- Advance tickets:
800 yen for 1 film, 2,000 yen for 3 films
1,000 yen for 1 film,
800 yen for 60 and over, students including university students.
500 yen for Disability Passbook (Shougaisha Techou) holders.
**June 23rd (Sunday) admission free to Sato Makoto talk show.
- [In cooperation with] Sendai Mediatheque
[Presented by] Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival Organizing Committee
[Contact] phone: 023-666-4480 (Yamagata Office)